The purpose of this initiative is to help countries implement ecosystem-based management by finding space for biodiversity conservation and sustainable economic development in marine areas. One way to do this is through marine spatial planning. Our work focusses on moving marine spatial planning beyond the conceptual level by
- Developing a step-bystep approach for implementing marine spatial planning
- Documenting MSP initiatives around the world
- Analysing good practices of MSP
- Collecting references and literature on MSP
- Enhancing understanding about marine spatial planning through publications
- Build capacity through training marine spatial planning professionals.