This Guide has been produced to provide practical, science-based advice on how to maximize the effectiveness of both new and existing shark and ray MPAs, to ensure these animals are protected now and far into the future. While it will be of interest to anyone wanting to know more about the subject, it’s particularly aimed at:
● Authorities responsible for marine habitat and species protection
● National fisheries managers
● Regional fisheries management organizations (RFMOs)
● NGOs and other conservation practitioners
● Shark and ray tourism operators.